This week’s question from my portal “The Neagle Code: Directions for Life” comes from someone who wishes to remain anonymous.
I definitely have a “need line” in my finances. I flutter in and out of what I’m supposed to be doing, and the consistency isn’t there. I’m good at creating “feast or famine” with my money. I’ll have a really great month, then self-sabotage and have to put something on a credit card. It’s a pattern, and I’m tired of it.
Even though I’m doing all the work—studying, reading books, doing hypnosis and NLP—I’m still creating feast or famine. What do I need to focus on to make it stop? Should I ignore the money and focus on helping people?
You need to focus on the cause of what you want to create—and that’s not study.
Studying is easier than making another sales call. The consistency of what you’re doing needs to be in your outbound sales or marketing, so that it’s consistent with the result you desire.
If you want $20,000 a month, you have to make sure you’re doing the activities that create a $20,000 month every single day.
Is that marketing? Is it sales? Is it advertising? Networking? What activity has to be done in your business every day to create or generate that income?
Get crystal clear on your money-making activities. Commit to them 100% and make them non-negotiable. This has to be an absolute for you—otherwise, you’ll never break through financially.
Focus on money—not from a place of lack, but from a place of strategy. Your math has to work, or you won’t hit your numbers. This means you have to be charging the right amount.
You have to know exactly:
- How many people you need to talk to
- How many people you need to sell
- How much money you need to hit your goals
- What the money is for
- What disciplines you need to create in yourself to be able to make that money
Know which activity you’re doing—are you writing copy? Are you making a sales call?
Make sure it’s all calendared. It has to be a very strict behavior if you’re going to break through this.
You can do it. Don’t make it more complicated than it needs to be. Sales is not difficult. It’s so easy. Money is very emotional for most people. If you want to break through, you need to be consistent in doing money-generating activities every day.
When you break through the emotional stuff around it—fear of rejection, fear of being wealthy, the need for security—when you get past all that and really own it, it becomes one of the easiest things you’ve ever done.
You’re helping people. People want to buy from you, and you get to make a lot of money.
We all brush our teeth, eat, and shower every day. Why do we do these necessary things? Because we don’t want to experience what happens if we don’t do them.
Once you break through it and it’s a discipline, it becomes easy. It becomes a way of living. You don’t even have to think about it. You’ll manifest it every single day.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 3 ways I can help you grow YOUR business:
- Listen to The Successful Mind Podcast. Three times per week I drop cutting edge information and strategies relating to success mindset, leadership, wealth creation, and relationships.
- Join other like-minded small business owners in my Transformation Facebook Group! Allow us to be a place to share ideas, get advice, and meet others who value truth and growth!
- Join me at The Art of Success Virtual Summit! This October 2021, I’m getting a group of amazing business owners together for 3 days to work on exponentially growing their business.