This week’s question from my portal “The Neagle Code: Directions for Life” comes from someone who wishes to remain anonymous.
When I was in my early twenties, one of my brothers died in an accident. I blacked out every minute of the two weeks following that event. We had just immigrated to a new country, and the stress level was pretty high.
Today, I have digestive issues and other health problems, which I think are a result of that event. I assume my body went into survival mode and changed how I digest food. I’ve struggled with these same issues for 30+ years now, even though I no longer feel anything emotionally. I’ve seen every doctor, naturopath, and alternative health practitioner you can imagine. I live healthy, so there’s no reason why it shouldn’t work. How do I reverse this?
There’s definitely a reason why nothing is working. I would first look at: How is this serving you to still have this issue?
That’s the reason why the health problems are still there.
To cut to the chase…in some way, it’s keeping you safe. It’s keeping you from being, doing, having, expressing, and remembering. It’s doing something to keep you safe. So it becomes a reason NOT to do something else. The question is…what is that?
I recommend reading “The Betrayal Bond” by Patrick Carnes, Ph.D. It’s about trauma bonding, which is based on the initial traumas that were set up in our childhood. Some of them were big, some were small, some were multiple—but either way, it keeps us in relationship to things based on the idea of trauma.
You’re in relationship to your digestive system and the outside world based on trauma bonding.
Whenever someone has a trauma in their life, the mind will wire itself in such a way where it becomes hyper-vigilant. It tries to keep an eye out for anything that might put you in a place where you’re vulnerable to that type of trauma again. There’s no logic behind this—it’s just how our mind works.
In the book, he takes you through a series of processes where you re-establish:
- What were the initial traumas that occurred?
- How has it actually benefiting you in your life right now?
It’s quite a process to go through. If I were you, I’d get a physical copy of the book and also listen to it, and do the actual work that’s in the book.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 3 ways I can help you grow YOUR business:
- Listen to The Successful Mind Podcast. Three times per week I drop cutting edge information and strategies relating to success mindset, leadership, wealth creation, and relationships.
- Join other like-minded small business owners in my Transformation Facebook Group! Allow us to be a place to share ideas, get advice, and meet others who value truth and growth!
- Join me at The Art of Success Virtual Summit! This October 2021, I’m getting a group of amazing business owners together for 3 days to work on exponentially growing their business.